Friday, June 25, 2010

A letter to TEDx SF Community to be a member.


Dear TEDx SF,

My name is Wendy Ngo, originally from Vietnam and currently an International student in Academy of Art University as BFA ADV - Account Planning focus.

I been known about TED for a year from my Co-Director of Account Planning Department in School of Advertising - Academy of Art University; and I have watch several talks (the latest one is by Chip Conley) since. All of those are very inspiration and open my eyes to a new horizon, so I want to be a part of this movement to inspirit others. I'm from a poor country, so I wish to use my time here in US during my studying time to learn and adsorbs the knowledge to help my country and family later on.

I was offered a position in a Support Group to help with Dr. Ilene Serlin in her project , and I worked for the Housing Department of Academy of Art University as Resident Assistant for 4 Semesters. As well I was part of the production team of the movement VDAY with the performance The Vagina Monologues first time take place in the Academy of Art University. I'm proud to say that both 2 performances night were sold out and we can donate $2000 for the local Domestic Violence Shelter De Las Cas de Madres as well $371 for VDAY organization.
Plus, I was born and raised in a business family and grow up by hearing about Marketing and Business for all 18 years and I'm helping the company - in my ability - by giving advice in design and Advertising Campaign.
So with all I have been experience (I'm sure it's not much compare to others but that not means I won't gain more) and would love to explore more, using my time in US the most wisely.

By saying that, I would like to prove what I'm capable of and what I would love to learn; so by joining Tedx SF, I'm looking to learn more from others member. My plan is to come back to Vietnam and help the company of my parents and take care of the community. So I found TED is one of the most effective way for me to do it.

Wish to hear back from you.
Wendy



--------
Happiness is from the inside

No comments:

Post a Comment